Sports Injury First Aid - Bespoke
This course is approved by the Scottish Youth Football Association and is approved for their members.
This course is designed for those who attend or are involved in sporting events in any capacity. This includes coaches, managers, referees, players, spectators and any other involved adult. The course concentrates on the most common sporting injuries such as strains, sprains and head injuries. Areas covered include:
Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (cpr);
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- The correct handling and application of dressings and bandages.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who has suffered a fracture to the upper or lower limb or a soft tissue injury;
- Recognise and administer first aid to a casualty who has suffered a head injury - concussion, compression and serious head injury;
- Identify the extent of any injury and assess the casualty's ability to re-nter the field of play;
- Discuss the most appropriate contents for a Sports Injury First Aid Kit.